Re: Sample Rate Conversion

Subject: Re: Sample Rate Conversion
From: Lang Elliott <>
Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 08:41:46 -0400
To all you Mac-heads:

To my horror, I've just discovered that PEAK sound editing software does
LOUSY sample rate conversion of insect recordings from 48 khz to 44.1 khz,
even when using the highest quality setting. I can hear a big difference. I=
contrast, ProTools does a much cleaner job and even Quicktime conversions
sound better than PEAK.

Can anyone recommend good software for doing conversions on a Mac,
especially software that is capable of doing batch conversions of many
files? ProTools does a great job, but is quite inconvenient when large
numbers of files need converting.

Lang