Re: random equipment news

Subject: Re: random equipment news
From: "qukza" <>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 20:19:04 -0000
DPReview reports that Toshiba and Samsung have just made substantial
cuts to NAND flash memory so prices should continue to fall.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0405/04052503nandflashprice.asp

--- In  "oryoki2000" <> wrote:

> Also related to the PMD670, prices for compactflash cards continue to
> come down.  For example, I bought a 512MB card from Amazon.com for $60
> recently. That's enough storage for 45 minutes of 16/48 (DAT quality)
> stereo recording, and the card is re-usable thousands of times.

>From   Tue Mar  8 18:27:08 2005
Message: 11
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 22:11:29 -0000
From: "Rich Peet" <>
Subject: Re: after workshop question

I have a lot more luck reducing lower tones to bring out or clarify
the higher tones than the other way around.  The upper harmonics
appear more important than any lower ones.  But to give yourself more
control in the removal use the parametric equalizer at various Q
levels rather than the notch filter.

All bets were placed on your vehicle not making it but I was quietly
pouring water in mine for the whole trip and not stepping on the gas
hard or it would stutter and miss.  The water is pouring out of the
intack manifold which means to much money to fix for a worn out van.
It was a great vehicle and I love the all plastic bodies that still
look great on a dead vehicle.  Now I want to look at the Prius hybred
so that I can slowly drive on quiet electric power for recording and
still have the gas engine for power.  It will be impossible to sleep
in that vehicle if I go that direction though.

Rich

--- In  "Eric V. Schmidt" <>
wrote:
> Rich & Rob or anyone.
>
> On my way back home I had a question pop into my mind.
>
> It had to do with editing unwanted noise.
> Lets say I am recording a location and there are (among others) two
sounds.
> One is at100hertz and the other at 200 and the 90 is louder.
>
> Does the 100 hertz mask the 200 hertz sound or over-ride it
completely.

> I take a notch filter and eradicate the 100 h sound.  Does the 200
h one
> come out in all it's glory or is it modified by the 100 h
sound  "stepping
> on it"?
> Thanks.
>
> Eric
>
> ---
> [This E-mail scanned for viruses by LRBCG.COM, Inc.]

>From   Tue Mar  8 18:27:08 2005
Message: 10
On my way back home I had a question pop into my mind.

It had to do with editing unwanted noise.
Lets say I am recording a location and there are (among others) two sounds.
One is at100hertz and the other at 200 and the 90 is louder.

Does the 100 hertz mask the 200 hertz sound or over-ride it completely.

I take a notch filter and eradicate the 100 h sound.  Does the 200 h one
come out in all it's glory or is it modified by the 100 h sound  "stepping
on it"?
Thanks.

Eric

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by LRBCG.COM, Inc.]

>From   Tue Mar  8 18:27:08 2005
Message: 12