Re: the nature of parabolic reflectors

Subject: Re: the nature of parabolic reflectors
From: Klas Strandberg <>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 22:11:36 +0100
Eric,

no problem, I will supply what you need. Please get in touch with my privat=
e-mail, and we'll make some planning.

Klas.

At 12:47 2004-02-25 -0800, you wrote:
>Walter,
>
>I have an instrumentation microphone with a diameter of  0.10", and the
ability to make quasi-anechoic measurements at essentially any range.  At
least I should be able to do 100 meters.  Now if only I had a parabolic
microphone.  I'm on the wrong (left) coast relative to you.  Perhaps I will
build one up.  But there are a lot of projects in the queue ahead of that.
I can also do polar patterns in increments as small as 1 degree, although
it's a lot of work.

>Is there anyone in the area of Pacifica, California, who would like to get
their parabolic microphone measured?

>Walter Knapp <> wrote:
>From: "Rich Peet" <>
>> 4. How would one measure the pressure difference and size at focus at
>> various frequencies and at various different origination points?
>
>It's going to come down to close to impossible. Unless you have a very
>long soundproof room and a good measurement mic with a very tiny diameter.

>"Microphones are not ears,
>Loudspeakers are not birds,
>A listening room is not nature."
>Klas Strandberg