Re: a preamp survey

Subject: Re: a preamp survey
From: "Wayne Brissette" <>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 08:53:28 -0600
>The sound devices mixpre 2 also looks good. Almost $1000, well spent?

One other preamp/mixer to look at is the Wendt X2. I used one for 18
months before upgrading to the 4 channel X4. Bob sells primarily to the
video and film industry (well for that matter so does Sound Devices). The
X2 will provide 48v Phantom power with 6 AA batteries and last close to
10 -14 hours on 6 AA batteries while providing phantom power. Also while
he doesn't like doing it, Bob will modify the unit to meet your needs (I
had the 3.5 mm mic output jack converted to line output, which gave me
two sources of line outputs). If I remember correctly, the X2 set me back
around $850 or so.

Wayne

--
sans la Musique la Vie serait une Erreur
Without music, life would be a mistake.

Live DAT & Music Page: http://homepage.mac.com/wayneb/
Wayne's Music Calendar: http://ical.mac.com/wayneb/Music
PowerMail AppleScript Archives: http://homepage.mac.com/wayneb/powermail.ht=
ml

Music Currently playing:  "calabashmusic_com_LueLue" :