Re: Surround Sound the easy way

Subject: Re: Surround Sound the easy way
From: "Rich Peet" <>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 20:07:12 -0000
I will listen, but for myself I still favor omni's.
I would rather not have off axis sound being off.
It takes a lot more real estate, you are less portable and need to
spend more time to get it right with omni's. That sometimes means you
don't get the sound at all.

This is why I sold my shotgun mic and there are many times I wish I
had it still. I still keep and use my parabola but that is yet a
different critter for a different group of captures. Walt has it
right in having a full kit but I am trying to keep myself from being
lazy and there are only so many setups one can do for a sound.

Rich
I am in a crunch, still don't have a good sound for the third week of
2004. I had better head out to keep the run going.

--- In  Walter Knapp <>
wrote:
> >    From: Wild Sanctuary <>
> >
> > Just send me some samples of your MS field recordings stuff,
Walt,
> > and I'll run it thru the system (it ain't complicated) and cut
you a
> > surround copy. You'll then know why we're stuck on MS like
Elmer's