Re: Surround Sound the easy way

Subject: Re: Surround Sound the easy way
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 15:00:19 -0500
From: "Rich Peet" <>

>>> I'd also want built in digital wireless mic receiver setup on all
>>> channels. With the remote transmitter stereo and supplying reliable
>>> phantom power.
>>>

> Thought about it. Maybe when I understand the different systems out
> there. The remote will be Wifi.

Wifi impacts your choice of laptop. Really old, cheap stuff probably
will not do that.

I'm still of mixed emotions about wireless. I've got a pair of
Sennheiser digital systems to check out how well it's going to work.
Most of the time I don't need to be all that far from the mic.

> Will do it and keep me in mind if you find a good laptop with a
> broken case.  So far it looks like e-bay is getting >300 on these
> machines which I find strange that there others like me that want to
> cut them up or find the parts worth something.

I'll do that, though other than ebay I have few sources for such things.

Your problem is you want a laptop that will work. Many people want that
and are perfectly happy to live with a messed up case or whatever to
have one. Duct tape can do wonders.