Re: Heading North

Subject: Re: Heading North
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 15:21:27 -0400
Wild Sanctuary wrote:
> It's always a great dialog, Walt. And really helpful. It's especially
> humbling because every time I begin to think I know something, the
> experience of the natural and human worlds sobers me as to the
> enormous depth of my ignorance. That's why it's such a joy to endure
> with this discovery process and why we don't retire. I do have to say
> that the angle of repose becomes a bit more acute over time, though.

I know all about that, the mind is willing, but the body is not so sure.
I have to be more careful when I'm out now, don't have the stamina for
plowing through things I used to have.

I could use many, many lifetimes to get through all the things I'd like
to dig into deeper. And the list keeps growing.

Has the park service thought about doing something similar along the
Oregon trail? I've followed many parts of that too, it would make a
interesting trip. It's easier to track now that they put markers.