re: new to this group

Subject: re: new to this group
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 23:32:17 -0500
*** original message

Vlad, you wrote,

>speaking of Pearl, there's an excellent deal (about 1/2-price =
less
>than the VP88) in a local store on a Pearl TL44 which seems to be
>composed of 2 back-to-back cardioids (mixable as 180 deg stereo,
>figure of 8, omni, etc.)... but anything beyond very basic specs
on
>this mic seems very hard to find (one of the reasons it's not
>selling well here in Canada, I suspect), and I'm hesitant.  Does
>anyone know this mic?  It seems to be studio-oriented.

I have a brochure on it. It's back-to-back cardioids. Can't do MS
with that array.

-Dan Dugan

***

It seems it may be possible to get something like MS out of a dual-membrane,
but only in post-production, with M = omni and S = figure-8.  If so, and if the
TL44 is rugged enough, I may go with it for 'MS' at the cost of being able to
hear only '180 degree XY' stereo on-location.

R.e "just do it", I certainly don't want to be one of the music people moving
this group away from 'applications' and into 'tools': but such is the curse of
the newbie.  I am very interested in hearing about the applications (i.e.
nature) too.  I want to get decent equipment, as this may be the LAST spring
when the frogs croak in my backyard (encroaching development).

regards,
Vlad

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup