Re: Homemade quick parobolic

Subject: Re: Homemade quick parobolic
From: "jyoung1113" <>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 22:15:36 -0000
--- In  "deer2me22002" <>
wrote:

>  Hi, i might as well be living on Mars.Canada is the second larges
> country in the world. It is one of the riches, but i can't buy a
> parabolic dish or the Sony ECM-T140 Tie Tac mic., here. Sony Canada
> only has the 115 and the DM5P, and that is not what the plan calls
> for. I tried every Province for a dish, but had no luck. I went on
> the Edmond Scientific site for a dish, but they don't ship to
> Canada.I emailed Doug at http://www.naturesongs.com/, but the site
> would not accept my email. I was looking for information on the
spare
> dish there and if they ship to Canada. I found the mike on a site in
> New York for $59.00, but they will not ship here. The money order
was
> sent to the seller in the USA for the MZ-R30 mini disc,so i should
> have that shortly.Can any member from Canada tell me how they got
> there gear.Is there a site in this country, that i may have
missed,or
> one in the USA that will ship.
> Saul Mineroff will ship, but not what i'am looking for.
>                                         Confused but still hanging
in,

>                                                  John E Parks

Before I was able to buy a dish from Doug I used a childs umbrella
for a parabolic dish.
  I went to a local department store, into the childrens department,
and found a smaller (about 24"dia.), clear, plastic umbrella(with
Donald Duck cartoons I beleive). You might be surprised how well
it performed as an audio tool.
  Also it had the advantages of being very inexpensive, waterproof and
easilly folded away for transport and storage.
  Until you can find the "real deal", you might want to invest about
$5.00US and try it out.
Best regards,