Re: Song Playback or Call-down technique.

Subject: Re: Song Playback or Call-down technique.
From: "richpeet" <>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 21:53:02 -0000
I do see that there are a number of good reasons for playback and a
large number of abuses are out there too.

For me, I can not justify its use.  I simply don't have a good reason
to use it.  I prefer to submit hunted species tracks that others
could not use for playback.  When I gave Jim a good turkey I left the
chipper in the cut to make it less desirable for hunters to use at
high volume.  I am more concerned locally about electronic hunters
than the local woodland bird people.  I have yet to run into another
recordist in the woods of MN. It is not that hard for hunters to buy
good tracks from sporting stores.  I just try to make sure those
tracks are not mine.

When I submited my permit request asking for 24/7 state park land
access for the spring, I included the statement that I don't use
playback and will not on any state owned land.  I hope that is worth
something to them. I hope more that my recordings are worth something
to them.