Re: Song Playback or Call-down technique.

Subject: Re: Song Playback or Call-down technique.
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 19:07:54 -0500
Doug Von Gausig wrote:

> I never regret being anthropomorphic - I know that birds (frogs, mammals,
> insects) are animals and that I am an animal and that our motivations are
> 99% the same - sex, food, sex, shelter, sex, companionship, sex...
>
> I think that if you want to know why an animal is behaving the way it is,
> look to your motivations, you will very often be right on the mark. We're
> not as different as our hubris leads us to believe...

The reverse bit is that if you and some of the other students leave the
animal ethology class each day and go over to the student union you can
observe what you learned in class that day by watching the resident animal.

You do get funny looks rolling on the floor and laughing.

It's really sex, stress relief, food, stress relief, sex, stress relief,
shelter, stress relief, companionship, lots of stress relief....   The
point being animals have a whole set of behaviors specifically designed
for relieving stress. They are not little containers we can stress until
they blow up.