Re: Song Playback or Call-down technique.

Subject: Re: Song Playback or Call-down technique.
From: Don Tarbet <>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 20:51:49 -0500
Maine Audubon is sponsoring an owl count this year -- and future years,
hopefully.  At each site we will play a tape of the three common owls of
Maine (in specified order).  They recommend not playing tapes at other
times because of the disturbance problems.  The  common owls are barred,
great-horned, and saw-whet.  For the others, we are left a bit more on our=

own.  I am not crazy about the tape.  I get distortion whatever machine I
play it on.  Wonder how it will work in the field.

Don Tarbet