canberrabirds

Lake Cargelligo treatment ponds.

To: Martin Butterfield <>
Subject: Lake Cargelligo treatment ponds.
From: Sue Lashko via Canberrabirds <>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 07:05:14 +0000
COG has camped at Round Hill on several occasions, always with the permission of NPWS. This involves me completing a risk assessment and providing names, numbers and vehicle details. Someone in the group also needs to have a phone and an EPIRB. All of these requirements are quite understandable in this day and age (whether we like it or not). We have had firsthand experience of someone from another group getting lost in the mallee and not being found until the following day. We have seen rubbish left behind, usually beer cans or bottles, and remains of camp fires which are not allowed. We have also seen evidence of damage to tracks when others drive on them after rain and carve them up so much that they become so furrowed that they are impassable. As usual, it is the very few who ruin it for the sensible majority.

Sue

Sent from my iPhone