canberrabirds

Lake Cargelligo treatment ponds.

To: 'shorty' <>, 'Rob Geraghty' <>
Subject: Lake Cargelligo treatment ponds.
From: Geoffrey Dabb via Canberrabirds <>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 06:33:03 +0000

OK, there you are.  You can walk in.  About 1998 when I was going to overnight there I checked with the regional Parks office (Cobar then I think).  They said that was OK, but ‘By the way, where are you going to camp?’   I said ‘In the camping area’  They said ‘WHAT CAMPING AREA?’  I was relying on my copy of Thomas & Thomas, first ed. which had a sketch map clearly showing a (bush) camping area.

Closed for management programs to be undertaken???  On another occasion my planned overnighting had to be deferred.  Because there was going to be a police raid on a large cannabis plantation.

Presumably the visits by ‘bird watching clubs’ contemplate overnighting?  We’ll see.

‘And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars, and rumours of closed nature reserves: see that ye be not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.’  Mathew 24:6