canberrabirds

45+ Superb Parrots at Cook Horse Paddocks

To: "wallaces" <>, "Canberra birds" <>
Subject: 45+ Superb Parrots at Cook Horse Paddocks
From: "Peter Ormay" <>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 11:02:34 +1100
Hello Steve
Your birds may have moved to Cook but we'll never know.

Nicky Taws reported over 30 Superb Parrots in Wybalena Grove Park on 22 Dec.'08. When I looked for and reported them 24-31 Dec 08 after reading Nicky's report they seemed to be more widespread in the area than now. They were feeding on ripening wattle seeds in Aranda and Wybalena Grove then Yellow Box blossom/nectar in Wybalena Gr and some on lerps in Bandjalong Cr Aranda. Lots of them (30+) could be seen in Wybalena Grove Park in the evenings 7.30 to 8.30pm at that time and I did not go to the south of the park where the horse paddocks are. They may have been watering there in similar numbers then.

Peter