canberrabirds

Re: a flush of mynas

Subject: Re: a flush of mynas
From: Gina Wyatt <>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 19:48:01 +1100 (EST)
We had a pair nest in our gutters (they actually managed to crawl under the eave to nest). I removed the nest and the eggs - there were six - so that's six down at least.
We have a myna trap at the front of the house and there are tons of the little buggers in the area but we cannot seem to entice them into it at the moment, despite the one early success we had!

Rod's Gardening <> wrote:
Hi Chris

About 2 months ago I believe we had a Myna brood hatch in our Phoenix Canerensis palm tree.  As of yesterday the sounds of young hatchlings are again issuing forth from the same tree.  I can't actually see a nest but Mynas are the only birds seen entering and leaving the area.