birding-aus

sex, not gender

Subject: sex, not gender
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 18:41:15 -0500 (EST)
That is no longer true, at least in the U.S.  While I was taught that
words have gender, people have sex, the advent of gender studies at
universities
 (they couldn't really call it sex studies) and increasing popular use of
gender  has made it a proper usage , and it is now accepted in the major
dictionaries.

Eric Jeffrey
Falls Church, VA 22043

In a message dated 1/21/2013 6:36:16 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,