birding-aus

Can I tick these birds?

Subject: Can I tick these birds?
From: Sonja Ross <>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 16:05:34 +1100
Hi gentlemen,

Regarding zoos, I think your view is slightly restrictive, as these days zoos
are often well vegetated and attract wild, free birds that just pass through or
benefit from seeds etc intended for display animals/birds.

For example, at the Australia Zoo, we saw on one scarlet bottlebrush outside
any caged area, Blue-faced and Scarlet Honeyeaters, Little Friarbirds and Nosiy
Miners.  I'm interested to know if you would leave them off your list if they
were the first and only time you saw them on a flying visit to Brisbane, for
example, and you hadn't seen them before?

It's all a bit challenging, especially in view of Nikolas' 1st paragraph which
I tend to agree with.

Sonja