birding-aus

Re: SPOTLIGHTING equipment news

To: <>, <>
Subject: Re: SPOTLIGHTING equipment news
From: "Tony Russell" <>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 08:14:08 +0930
Thanks for that Andrew.
However, I really cannot see the point in paying high prices for
something which only does exactly the same job as the "no brand"
infinitely cheaper light.  The other point is of course that if the
cheap one packs up, for that price one can afford ten more before
reaching the cost of the top priced ones. I've had my cheap one for at
least five years now with excellent performance - a high output narrow
beam lasting about an hour before recharging from either the mains or
car. It does weigh about a kilo which some might deem excessive, but it
comes with a shoulder sling which minimises that factor, and being fully
integrated into a single piece, there's no battery slung on your waist
and therefore no annoying wire draped around one either.
  I don't need anything more fancy than that - cheap effective
performance.

Tony.