birding-aus

Re: Hunter Boundaries

To: <>, <>, <>
Subject: Re: Hunter Boundaries
From: "Peter Madvig" <>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 15:56:20 +1100
Steve,
Went to Portland this time last year and had a lovely time!
However, Rufous Bristlebirds heard but not to be seen, and the Banded Stilts I had hoped for 100ks north of Hamilton at salt lakes had flown the week before...but I saw some lovely country and the Grampians looked inviting! Hamilton itself had super Purple-crowned Lorikeets, outside the hospital entrance! Do you know the Fenton property "Lanark" at Branxholme? Farming and conservation combined superbly!

I wish the Hooded Plovers on the Portland beach could get some sort of 'cage' to encourage protected breeding - I asked someone from Rotary about it, and of course you need to prove "in the common interest"!

But, yes, S.W. Vic good to visit.

Cheers,
Peter Madvig
Beecroft, NSW