birding-aus

Swarovski vs Leica; or Zeiss? OR...

Subject: Swarovski vs Leica; or Zeiss? OR...
From: Gary Davidson <>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 18:48:04 -0500 (EST)
I am wondering why no-one has mentioned the Bausch and Lomb Elites.  Perhaps they aren't available in Australia??  I bought mine in Canada a few years ago.  At the time they were over $400 less than the Swarovski.  I compared them with Leica and Swarovski, (didn't get to try Zeiss), and I wasn't sure I could see any difference at all.  Certainly not enough to justify the $400 jump to Swarovski.  At the time the B and L's were CAD$1400 and the Swarovskis CAD$1800+  I am not necessarily recommending them over the others, but they certainly should be in the conversation!
Gary Davidson