birding-aus

Beginning birding .. give them the write tools for the right job

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Beginning birding .. give them the write tools for the right job
From: Penn Gwynne <>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 19:44:04 -0700 (PDT)
G'day Lawrie and all,

I'd like very much to write to you about this topic and what is taught in Australian schools? perhaps off line? I don't want "Rustybubs" screaming at me with threats of that "frudge" again, but what hope does the Australian Tourism Authority have if we ARE NOT training and educating the young ones of Oz in thee correct ways. Sadly try this as I have done recently, show a certain pack of cards to some young ones, many pick the minister of misinformation of Iraq and his co-horts.

Then try asking the class individually what is this bird called, as you show them a card with a "Rainbow Lorikeet" or a "Tawny Owl" it's pretty sad really.

Mind you this perhaps makes a golden opportunity for a true blue Oz deck of cards manufacturer eh?

"What have you got there little Johnny" asks the playground teacher, Johnny replies just some cards Sir, with good looking Aussie birds on them ;^D>>> Johnny goes home from school feelin a little sore.

Ooroo mate, catch em young and they are there for life I say. They may? leave birding for a little while but I know of none, that do not one day return.

John A. Gamblin

Do you Yahoo!?