birding-aus

Re: Beginning birding

Subject: Re: Beginning birding
From: Penn Gwynne <>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 21:43:06 -0700 (PDT)
G'day Young Simon,

Thank you for your beaut words on the birth of birding in your own life, that data will come in very handy. Many of Australia's forward thinking local council are trying to find out exactly what do Birdo's want? I'm doing my best to help, as local councils wish to help birdo's and bird tourism.

Once again, I hear and read this over and over, we go back to school to find the birth of birding in an individual eh? and therein lies the method I think should always be used for capturing young brave hearts.
Nice to meet you in this format cobber .....

wrote:

Hello World,
Let's try a reality check.
I'm 39 and I started Birding at 15. The late Thomas Dixon introduced
me to the hobby at school. This hobby virtually ceased from the age of 20 to 36. I always had a love for birding, but I was entering the BIG world
and therefore got side-tracked. I am now married with two daughters and the eldest is 11. I love taking my daughters for walks in the areas of Homebush Bay (Bicentennial Park Sydney NSW) and introducing them to my hobby. It is only now that life is starting to settle and I'm allowed to start a renewed interest in my hobby. My mortage is almost under control (if that's possible).

So are you saying Simon that it never really leaves you?

To the older Birders:
The middle age Birders are out there. And they are able to keep contact via this web address.
To the younger Birders:
If you wish for a career in the field of your favourite Hobby, follow your
dreams .......!!!! Only you can obtain YOUR dreams! I wish you the Best.

Thee immediately above is Brilliantly said.

P.S. As this is my first communication to Birding Aus, so I would
like to say " Penn Gwynne, You are a crazy man, I need to party with you" ( I do enjoy your cryptic comments).

I hang out around Western Port bay and Phillip Island with the family a lot :^D>>> BYOF okay?

BYOF = Bring Your Own Fish

Do you Yahoo!?