birding-aus

Are we birders, twitchers etc a rare species or what

To: "Bruce Roubin" <>
Subject: Are we birders, twitchers etc a rare species or what
From: "Tony Russell" <>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 10:32:37 +0930
Well, Bruce, my experience is exactly the opposite. I too have travelled
(travailed) this you beaut patch of ours all over, and EVERYWHERE I go I run
into other birders. Some I know already, some I find I've heard of, others I
get to know and form at least an email relationships with (aka safe
discourse).
 You can pick birders in the bush (or city) just by the way they don't walk,
they shuffle along, taking five times as long as normal people per
kilometre.
I find they are often easier to pick than other bird species.
Now:
Do you do your birding in the daytime ??  Sure you're not in NZ by mistake?
Have you ever tried removing your binoculars from your eyes to improve
peripheral vision?
See you in the bush.
Tony.