birding-aus

Leech socks & mozzie nets??

To: Phil Hansbro <>, birding-aus <>
Subject: Leech socks & mozzie nets??
From: Chris <>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 08:29:10 +1100
Phil
ladies stockings are supposed to do the job due to the fine weave.
Drinking home brew regularly does not seem to stop them getting on me.
 In open rain forest thongs and shorts with regular checks between the
toes can generally detect them when the land, the cold feeling.  In wet
stuff Rid or something on the skin under socks and pants and hope you
catch the ones on your arms and face.
  That was a good idea for a mirror as I once had a leach climb in
behind my eye and had to walk 2 km back to the car for a mirror and by
then it was too far in so I had to wait till it dropped out.
Cheers Chris