birding-aus

How to Read / Navigate via GPS

To: Irene <>, birding-aus posts <>
Subject: How to Read / Navigate via GPS
From: David McDonald <>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 21:38:04 +1000
Irene and others:

I strongly recommend Lawrence Letham, 'GPS Made Easy: Using global positioning
systems in the outdoors', 2nd edition, Rocky
Mountain Books, Calgary, Alta, 1998. It provides general info on the GPS system
and on GPS receivers, then has a number of
chapters, each a case study of actually using the GPS receiver in real field
conditions, covering the many uses to which to tool
can be put. An excellent way to meet the all-too-common experience that Irene
describes.

The book is readily available for $29.95; I've seen it in Paddy Pallin's and
other outdoor stores.

David

--

David McDonald