birding-aus

Cudmirrah National Park

To: "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Cudmirrah National Park
From: "Brian Everingham" <>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 20:23:15 +1000
Greetings all
The weekend at Cudmirah National park (Berrara Creek, Swan Lake, Sussex Inlet) in NSW, South of Nowra, proved most enjoyable from a birding weekend. The forests were in flower and it was most pleasing to see both Little and Musk Lorikeets there at those blooms. The Musk Lorikeets were especially prominent, numerous and easily visible on both Saturday and Sunday.
Equally pleasing were the flocks of Silvereye, the White Naped Honeyeaters and the Yellow faced and New Holland honeyeaters, as well as a Rose Robin and Grey Currawong.
Down by Sussex Inlet we were able to enjoy a Whistling Kite carrying sticks carefully in beak and talon, presumably a nesting action, and we enjoyed an Azure kingfisher at Swan Lake and on Sussex Inlet.
All up the weekend produced 72 species in this rather attractive area. Not bad. And on the weekend when we have had all those new Southern forest national parks and extensions announced as well!
Brian Everingham