birding-aus

Box Ironbark Birds in Victoria

Subject: Box Ironbark Birds in Victoria
From: Gil Langfield <>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 19:45:19 +1000
I spent about 5 hours at Coy's Diggings, near Ballieston in Central Victoria on Sunday. I saw 8 species on "conventional" honeyeaters plus Eastern Spinebill and Red Wattlebird. There were some lorikeets about but all flying very fast. A flock of about 20 flew past at one stage with a whoosh, going very swiftly without calling and may have been Swift Parrots.

Other interesting birds for me were both local treecreepers, Diamond Firetail and Speckled Warbler. I have seen both the Firetail and Warbler in the area before so they must be regulars.

In the main part of the Rushworth State Forest there seemed to be very many flocks of White-winged Choughs. Have they had a good breeding season?

Regards,

Gil Langfield
Melbourne, Australia

Include ONLY "unsubscribe birding-aus"