birding-aus

How to Read / Navigate via GPS

To: <>, <>
Subject: How to Read / Navigate via GPS
From: Lawrie Conole <>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 17:50:18 +1000
> "When all fails, RT!@&#$%M. And the missing bit is most people's comment
> about the Manual.

Mmmm ... RTFM is a bit harsh!

The Garmin GPS manuals are pretty well written, and the GPS interface quite
friendly.  I didn't much like what I saw of the Magellan interface, but I
guess part of the reason that Garmin is more expensive than Magellan is that
more work has gone into making Garmins useable.

Anyhow - maybe the best thing to do is to head out into the countryside (or
the local footy oval) with another person who does know how to use your
model.  Actually using it will help you a lot more than having other people
offer advice down the wire!

Good luck

L.

--
LAWRIE CONOLE

NOTE:  MY NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS <> FROM 18/4/2000

The old one <> will close on 17/4 at midnight.

My web pages will be up on the new server ..... soon .....