Re: Audio editing apps for a new iMac?

Subject: Re: Audio editing apps for a new iMac?
From: "" vpowys
Date: Sun Dec 2, 2018 7:49 pm ((PST))
Thank you Paul.  The WSRS results really surprise me.  I just had a look at=
 Reaper, it seems WAY too complex for traditional wildlife sound audio edit=
ing, and with such a frustratingly complex interface.  Inexpensive though. =
 Audacity, with its clunky too-busy tools window, no I don=92t like it eith=
er (even tho its free).

Aesthetically and practically Sound Studio 4 is now my preferred choice for=
 basic stereo editing, you can custom design your colour scheme which does =
make a big difference, to me at any rate.  I have found a darker blue backg=
round with lighter turquoise waveform is restful on the eyes when you are p=
rocessing for many hours.  The tools window of Sound Studio is very elegant=
, only the essentials are on show.  Short cuts work in a similar way to Pea=
k, so I feel right at home here.  And I can now use my favourite EQ plug-in=
 apQualzr2 with Sound Studio.

Raven - I downloaded the Lite version but it would not install.  Can=92t be=
 bothered with it.  Amadeus is better for sonograms in any case, in my opin=
ion.

It=92s probably time we did another survey for our Australian Wildlife Soun=
d Recording Group.  I know Adobe Audition, Pro Tools, Izotope RX and Peak w=
ere the Oz favourites a few years back.

Vicki
(Former sound editor for AWSRG)

> On 2 Dec 2018, at 10:17 pm,  [naturerecordists] <na=
> wrote:
>

> Hi Vicki
> In a recent survey of Wildlife Sound Recording Society members,  Audacity=
 and Reaper were the most popular applications. (Wildlife Sound Journal Vol=
 14 No.3). Personally I use Amadeus and Reaper, then iZotope RX for noise r=
eduction.