Re: Audio editing apps for a new iMac?

Subject: Re: Audio editing apps for a new iMac?
From: "Bernie Krause" bigchirp1
Date: Sat Dec 1, 2018 4:31 pm ((PST))
You can make streaming videos w/ Audition. I create a mono track for greate=
r video detail, then replace the mono audio with the original stereo-surrou=
nd audio tracks in sync.  Also, you can edit out parts of the spectrogram, =
like distant jet overflights, w/o affecting the rest of the soundscape (sim=
ilar to editing in Photoghop). You cannot do this w/ other apps. And finall=
y, the multi-track mixing capability is excellent.

Bernie

Wild Sanctuary
POB 536
Glen Ellen, CA 95442
707-327-6771
http://www.wildsanctuary.com

SKYPE: Bernie Krause
FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/BernieKrauseAuthor
TED Global talk: https://www.ted.com/talks/bernie_krause_the_voice_of_the_n=
atural_world?language=3Den

 [naturerecordists] <> wrote:

> Hello,
> I use protools with izotope and some waves plugins.
>
> Wilbur how do you make the sonogram movies with raven?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Juan.
>> On Dec 1, 2018, at 8:11 PM, Wilbur Hershberger  <m=
ailto:> [naturerecordists] <=
ups.com <>> wrote:

>> Vicki,
>>
>> I use Adobe Audition for most of my work. Occasionally, I use iZotope RX=
 6 for noise reduction. I use RAVEN to make high-quality sound spectrograms=
 or spectrogram movies when needed.

>> Wil Hershberger
>> Nature Images and Sounds, LLC <http://www.natureimagesandsounds.com/>
>> Hedgesville, WV
>> The Songs of Insects <http://www.songsofinsects.com/>
>>

>>> On Dec 1, 2018, at 5:23 PM,  <vickipow=
>'  <=
m.au> [naturerecordists] < <naturere=
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> My old faithful iMac 9 years old had to be replaced by the latest great=
est etc. with no audio input socket, and the new OS won=92t accept my old a=
udio editing apps e.g. Peak which I did love but knew it would not last for=
ever.

>>> Does anyone have recommendations for audio apps to go with my new iMac?
>>>
>>> Many thanks,
>>>
>>> Vicki Powys
>>> Australia

<*> Your email settings: