MM-BSM-9

Subject: MM-BSM-9
From: "J. Charles Holt"
Date: Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:24 am ((PDT))
I just received a pair of Microphone Madness BSM-9 mics based on numerous r=
ecommendations, including the venerable Chris Watson. The first thing I not=
iced is just how noisy they are=97I've been spoiled by how quiet the mics i=
n the PCM-M10 are I guess. Would providing more power to the mics help (the=
 M10 only provides 2.5V PIP), or would that only increase dynamic range for=
 louder volumes? My thought was if it increases the sensitivity or output I=
'll be relying less on the internal preamp and thus have less noise, but fe=
el free to tell me why I'm wrong.

My first recording with them was marred by wind and plane noise or I'd post=
 it, as I got some great coyote calls and a *very* exuberant Lesser Goldfin=
ch.

I think if I spend any more money at this point it'll be on a copy of Izoto=
pe RX4.

- Charles

(Pardon my terseness or typos, this was sent from my iPhone.)