Re: Static in LS-11 with Shure A96F cable/jack - which equipment to

Subject: Re: Static in LS-11 with Shure A96F cable/jack - which equipment to
From: "Peter Shute" pshute2
Date: Sun May 24, 2015 5:53 am ((PDT))
I just spray a little on a rag and wipe the plug, then plug it in before it
dries, and twist it back and forth a couple of times. I've also started using a
short "Socket Saver" lead, to remove the danger of contaminating the M10's
socket again.

I was very sceptical of the stuff, but it appears to have fixed what I thought
was an incurable problem. I'm very interested to hear how it goes if you try
it. I have to admit it haven't listened to every bit of recording I've made
since I started using it (unattended overnight recordings), but all the samples
I've checked have been good.

Peter Shute

Sent from my iPad

On 24 May 2015, at 12:08 pm, vickipowys
<> [naturerecordists]
<<>>
wrote:

Do you just clean the plug Peter? Any tips of using this stuff? I am
starting to get some crackles with my LS10 and mic plugs and would
like to cure it.

thanks,

Vicki

On 24/05/2015, at 9:12 AM, Peter Shute