Re: Static in LS-11 with Shure A96F cable/jack - which equipment to

Subject: Re: Static in LS-11 with Shure A96F cable/jack - which equipment to
From: "vickipowys" vpowys
Date: Wed May 27, 2015 4:38 pm ((PDT))
Thanks Peter and Nick, I will try the D-Oxit when I can get hold of
some next week.  I am currently using Nick's socket-savers on my iMac
computer and they have been great, but haven't tried them yet on LS10,
might see how the D-Oxit goes first.

Vicki

On 24/05/2015, at 11:13 PM,  [naturerecordists]
wrote:

> Not advertising but I hope informing - we stock a "Socket Saver"
> cable as Peter refers to. It is intended to save wear, tear and
> stress on 3.5 mm sockets. The plug and socket have gold plated
> contacts and are moulded to the cable which is thin, flexible and
> screened.
>
> I should mention that there is a counter suggestion that leaving a
> plug in a socket with sprung contacts over time reduces the contact
> pressure and itself makes the socket less reliable. Over to you.
>
> FEL Socket Saver - micbooster.com

> ---In  <> wrote :
>
> I just spray a little on a rag and wipe the plug, then plug it in
> before it dries, and twist it back and forth a couple of times. I've
> also started using a short "Socket Saver" lead, to remove the danger
> of contaminatin g the M10's socket again.
>
> I was very sceptical of the stuff, but it appears to have fixed what
> I thought was an incurable problem. I'm very interested to hear how
> it goes if you try it. I have to admit it haven't listened to every
> bit of recording I've made since I started using it (unattended
> overnight recordings), but all the samples I've checked have been
> good.
>
> Peter Shute
>
> On 24 May 2015, at 12:08 pm, vickipowys
> <> [naturerecordists]
> <<=

> >> wrote:
>

> Do you just clean the plug Peter? Any tips of using this stuff? I am
> starting to get some crackles with my LS10 and mic plugs and would
> like to cure it.
>
> thanks,
>
> Vicki

<*> Your email settings: