Re: Carrying and Transporting a Parabola

Subject: Re: Carrying and Transporting a Parabola
From: natureguyusa
Date: Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:12 am ((PDT))
Hi Jerry,

All of our parabolic dishes are designed to fit into larger airline checked
baggage. If you want to put the mic itself in a carry-on baggage, that might be
safer for security. Your Feather Light dish can roll to 6 inch diameter to fit
into checked baggage. One suggestion is to put it inside a mailing tube or
plastic tube, as I heard from others transporting thin parabolas, that they can
be damaged if the baggage gets buried under other heavy luggage. A lot of
people have used larger duffel bags.

Another option is that our 2015 model handle and mic unit can mount together,
with the handle base screwed onto the mic unit thread. Here is a link to a
photo:
https://www.facebook.com/WildtronicsLLC/photos/a.158194721003509.1073741825.155876427902005/464049060418072/?type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/WildtronicsLLC/photos/a.158194721003509.1073741825.155876427902005/464049060418072/?type=1&theater

 The Feather Light dish can be rolled right around the 6-inch form and secured
with a strap. We do recommend placing a soft cloth on both sides of the dish to
prevent scratching. You can use this method to transport the unit in the field,
as well, when not recording.

For carrying in the field, I would suggest looking into a variety of
professional camera carrying straps. Some of them have spring clips that clip
into a bracket hole. There are accessory brackets available that thread into
tripod mounts that can mount onto the handle base of your Wildtronics
microphone. The other option is to purchase an 1/4-20 eye bolt at a hardware
store, and thread that into either the handle base or accessory mount on your
handle. Or, if you are using both the accessory mount and tripod mount, you
could loop the strap around the accessory bar.

I hope that helps,

Bruce Rutkoski
Owner
Wildtronics.com