Carrying and Transporting a Parabola

Subject: Carrying and Transporting a Parabola
From: "Jerry Berrier"
Date: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:50 am ((PDT))
I just purchased a 21-inch parabolic mic system from
http://www.wildtronics.com

So far, I like it very well.  I have had no prior experience with the type
of parabola that can be somewhat rolled up for transporting by plane.  I
know I want to carry the microphone on board with me, but I'm thinking I
could put the parabola itself in a checked bag.

I'd like any advice on what sort of container to best carry it in when
traveling by plane, and I'm also interested to know how folks carry them
when walking in the woods.  I'd like to be able to have it assembled and
ready to use quickly, without having to carry it in my hand while walking t=
a recording destination.

I'm thinking of some sort of large-mouth bag that would attach to my back.

Any thoughts?

Jerry Berrier

http://www.birdblind.org