3032 capsules on PIP

Subject: 3032 capsules on PIP
From: "Dan Dugan" dandugan_1999
Date: Mon Jun 9, 2014 5:36 pm ((PDT))
Dear Mike,

I have six 3032s plus two or three spare capsules.

My "heavy system" is a 788T and MKH 8020s. My "light system" is Telinga
Clip-Ons with a modified (4 mic inputs) Zoom H2. I use the light system where I
have to hike in some distance. Heretofore I thought the main difference between
the systems was the convenience of the pre-record buffer in the 788.

I just did my annual soundscape survey of the three sequoia groves in Yosemite.
I've been using the light system for Tuolumne and Merced groves, where I have
to hike in, and the heavy system for Mariposa Grove, where I can drive to the
site.

This year conditions were suddenly different; because of the drought there was
no water sound in Tuolumne and Merced groves. That allowed me to hear the
serious difference in noise floor between my systems.

In Merced Grove I recorded four species of owls, sometimes two at the same
time. But I had to use serious noise reduction to make the recordings
demonstrable to others. I hate doing that.

I want to encourage you to optimize your 3032/PIP circuitry. I would be pleased
to purchase a pair of what you can come up with (I'll use my own capsules).

-Dan