Re: My introduction

Subject: Re: My introduction
From: bobjoebonobobob
Date: Mon Jun 9, 2014 9:09 pm ((PDT))
Welcome, Philip!

I have always appreciated and admired 'blind' people. You guys have a built-in
courage that the rest of us do not. For example, sometimes, at night, I will go
for a late night walk in the country where I live, in Massawippi, Quebec,
Canada - without a flashlight! And, before I can get to the larger dirt road, I
must first walk down my hundred foot (or more) driveway which is completely
walled and roofed-in by fairly dense mixed hardwood trees - making the
beginning of the walk totally black. When walking through this darkness I often
lose touch with any real sense of direction, waving my arms out in front of me
in case I am running into a tree, a deer, or even a person, quietly and
frighteningly standing there, just waiting for me! Of course, these are
ridiculous thoughts. But it is almost always terrifying! I often think of how,
if a visually impaired person was accompanying me, they would get a good laugh
at my childish fears of the dark, and how much easier it would be for them to
walk through this darkness in my place!

Here are some links of sounds I have recorded where I live, and some music of
mine and some friends, and an open-minded radio show I enjoy listening too (I
am assuming you are familiar with Coast to Coast AM, with George Noori -
another show I enjoy as well):

(Mind the chickadee - he is quite persistent, and a little too close to the
mic, for my liking - but alas, I am only just starting out!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFt21x3_Q24&list=PLHfJLOKDzMbbsFIEi9OBalURnIp3HhsgQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFt21x3_Q24&list=PLHfJLOKDzMbbsFIEi9OBalURnIp3HhsgQ

http://www.reverbnation.com/M00NSHINE http://www.reverbnation.com/M00NSHINE

http://www.redicecreations.com/ http://www.redicecreations.com/

Cheers! And I would love to hear of any of your Wild Soundscape recordings!

Curtis Mullin