Re: Zoom H6 & NT55 vs PMD 661 & NT1-a

Subject: Re: Zoom H6 & NT55 vs PMD 661 & NT1-a
From: "Scott Hughes" shooze53
Date: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:38 am ((PDT))
Johan,
I own a PMD-661mkII, It is a good sounding and well built recorder, althoug=
h not as portable as others.  I returned a Zoom H4n and a Tascam DR100MKII =
- both had issues with the quality of the switches.  I do not know the new =
H6.  The Marantz is a pro machine, I would suggest you stick with that.

Scott

On 2013-10-23, at 10:05 AM, <> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I ordered a Marantz PMD 661 MKII the other day which I was going to use w=
ith two R=F6de NT1-a for recordings. Today I called a shop for opinions but=
 they instead recomended a Zoom H6 and use the internal mic with a R=F6de N=
T55. I've done a lot of reading these past days and I'm not sure I will be =
happy with that set, though I have not seen many reviews or thougths about =
the Zoom H6.

> I have no experience at all with recording but I've found some great setu=
ps using the NT1-a. In time I will buy a Telinga mic for more direct sound =
but at the moment I want to record the nature as a whole.

> So, what do you think? Should I return the Marantz and replace it with H6=
 using the NT55 or should I go for what I first was going to, the PMD 661 w=
ith a pair of NT1-a?