Re: Cage 100

Subject: Re: Cage 100
From: "Kevin Colver" kjcolver
Date: Fri Sep 7, 2012 11:06 am ((PDT))
Hi Bernie,
While I've sometimes thought that the recording I do as an art, Cage
seems to feel it is more of a craft.  If my recordings are "found art"
it doesn't change the joy I find in making those recordings or
listening to them again and again.  It is an honor for me to go out
into the natural world and find the "found art,"  even if the artist
is one higher than myself.  I'm pleased if I can be considered a good
craftsman.

Always great to hear from you.  BTW, I'm slow, but I'm carefully
reading your book and I absolutely love it all.  Brilliant
contribution to the field!

Kevin