Re: R-44 issue

Subject: Re: R-44 issue
From: "Jez" tempjez
Date: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:56 am ((PDT))
Hi Gianni,

no - its not the 'art & experience' bit - this is an actual sound issue - a=
 'problem' sound that is constant & not related to any other mic connected =
to the recorder. Only the DPA4060's & the sounds are:

1) constant fluttering in the low freq range (as if a powering issue)
2) a clear sound of some electronics in the recorder at regular intervals -=
 regardless of how far away the mics are to the recorder
3) when connected to mains, a loud low end hum

I've never experienced this kind of issue with any other recorder & i've us=
ed most of the ones on the market over the years.

as for the self-noise of the machine (with other mics !) its not too bad. M=
y main recorder is a Sound Devices, so this isn't intended to match that, b=
ut it's ok for the price - IF I can sort out this issue with the DPA's conn=
ected to it.

--- In  Gianni Pavan <> wr=
ote: