Re: cable for long xlr microphone cables

Subject: Re: cable for long xlr microphone cables
From: "Jez" tempjez
Date: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:43 am ((PDT))
thanks - some confusion here. I am talking about mid to higher end balanced=
 microphone cable, such as some made by Klotz, Van Damme etc & it states, f=
or example:

2 core, balanced pro microphone cable, aluminium braided shield and strande=
d copper cores.

I'm also slightly confused by the comment about the number of wires inside =
the shielding - 2 cores is balanced audio cable, 4 is quad etc, but 2 wires=
 (2 cores) is standard for balanced audio.

--- In  Magnus Bergsson <fieldrecording.ne=