Re: cable for long xlr microphone cables

Subject: Re: cable for long xlr microphone cables
From: "Magnus Bergsson" icelandnature
Date: Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:44 pm ((PDT))
I just know that aluminium is the best material to shield electrical noise
pollution. It is not only the price of the material why it is so widely
used. That is one of the reason why aluminium is common use for shielding
in UHF transmitting and receiving technology.
Aluminium is not good for audio signal, so parallel with the aluminium foil
should be a copper wire.

By the way...
I have make a cheap 50 meter stereo snake with Cat6 cable.

https://picasaweb.google.com/104187345157190691446/Stereo50mCAT6Snake?authu=
ser=3D0&feat=3Ddirectlink

I have not notice any electrical noise pollution with this snake, even
though it has no shield. Probably because it is mostly used outdoor.
Differently twisted pair is also very good technique to shield high
frequency.
But anyway, I always try to delete or minimize all source of electrical
pollutions before it makes a problem to other equipment or humans :-)

--
Bestu kve=F0jur / Best regards
*Magn=FAs Bergsson