Re: cable for long xlr microphone cables

Subject: Re: cable for long xlr microphone cables
From: "Avocet" madl74
Date: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:05 pm ((PDT))
> Foil cable should really only be used for fixed installations.

John,

That's the theory but they are still working fine and only get
unrolled carefully a few times per year to fixed positions. I've got
800 metres in total and chose to save my pension for more Sennheiser
mics and another eBay SQN mixer. :-)

I use expensive butyl cable for ordinary mic leads, but not for sound
quality which is good whatever, but for ease of handling. In the past
I've used unscreened curly phone cable professionally with no problem.

David

David Brinicombe
North Devon, UK
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce