Re: Simultaneous recording with two digital recorders?

Subject: Re: Simultaneous recording with two digital recorders?
From: "Flawn Williams" flawn1951
Date: Sat Jun 9, 2012 5:20 am ((PDT))
BTW, the raw unedited field DATs from NPR/NGS's "Radio Expeditions" series =
were acquired by Cornell's Macaulay Library. They have been transferring th=
em to WAVs as a special collection for research. A few of those are directl=
y streamable from their site. So a couple of the unedited DATs from the Mal=
aysia honey hunters piece I linked below are streamable. One is at:

http://macaulaylibrary.org/m/audio/137983/apis-cerana-asiatic-honeybee-mala=
ysia-nprngs-radio-expeditions

This is just one of the source DATs mentioned before, so it doesn't give yo=
u access to the synced-up ambi of four sets of mikes. But there's some nice=
 dusk ambiance from the Malay rainforest. Rough log of the contents is on t=
he webpage.

--Flawn

On Jun 9, 2012, at 7:52 AM, Flawn Williams wrote:

> You should be able to hear the finished piece at:
>
> http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=3D1049427
>
> --Flawn
>

>>   Posted by: "soundings23"  soundings23
>>   Date: Sat Jun 9, 2012 1:50 am ((PDT))
>>
>> Thanks Flawn ... and everyone ... fascinating responses as ever. I'm thi=
nking this might actually work for one of the things I'm interersted in - r=
ecording quiet soundscapes. With the recorders are widely separated, the sh=
aring of detail will be minimised and audile drift not an issue.