Re: Composite detection

Subject: Re: Composite detection
From: "Luis do Carmo" lecarmo
Date: Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:38 pm ((PDT))
If one edits excerpts from the same sample or from different takes of
sounds recorded at the same environment and using the same gear, it'll be v=
ery
hard to detect the editing if it's skillfully done. That's what sound edito=
rs
do all the time while editing and designing dialogue, ambient sounds and sf=
for movies.
=C2=A0
Way off topic:
=C2=A0
I've known an Amazona Aestiva which
used to emulate something that resembled what is called 'walla' among film
sound people. It sounded similar to a chat between a couple people, rather =
than
a crowd chattering though. I referred to it as walla as the words sounded q=
uite
unintelligible, resembling a conversation taking place at a distance. The i=
ntonation
and melodic nuances were so alike the 'real' thing that I was deceived the
first time I heard the bird performing his 'act'.
=C2=A0
Luis