Re: Initial SASS test shows bands of harmonics

Subject: Re: Initial SASS test shows bands of harmonics
From: "Peter Shute" pshute2
Date: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:00 am ((PDT))
I doubt the towel actually touched the capsules. The front has the rubber c=
over, and the back is deep inside a 19mm thick piece of pine.=0D
=0D
The longest bit of unshielded wiring was on the right channel (about 10" of=
 it), so I scrounged some shielded cable and replaced it this evening and I=
'll try it again in the morning. I'll do some tests with and without towel,=
 and with me close by and a few metres away.=0D
=0D
It might be a faulty capsule, but that doesn't explain why it didn't do it =
in the indoors test, although a frequency analysis of that recording shows =
some tiny hills at those frequencies.=0D
=0D
It's a bit disconcerting that I can't hear it, because I can't tell that it=
's happened till I get home. Even if it's all good tomorrow, I won't know i=
f that's only because the interference source (if that's what's doing it) i=
s off.=0D
=0D
Peter Shute=0D
=0D