Re: M10 noise removal, was Sony PCM-M10 vs Zoom H4n best for outdoor

Subject: Re: M10 noise removal, was Sony PCM-M10 vs Zoom H4n best for outdoor
From: "Gianni Pavan" gptrekking
Date: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:54 am ((PST))
I  completely agree with Dan.
The only noise reduction I consider acceptable is a smooth high pass filter
to remove rumble due to wind or distant cars/airplanes, or a smooth
low-pass to attenuate hiss above the higher notes I'm interested in.

Gianni

--
Centro Interdisciplinare di Bioacustica e Ricerche Ambientali
Universit=E0 degli Studi di Pavia