Re: M10 noise removal, was Sony PCM-M10 vs Zoom H4n best for outdoor

Subject: Re: M10 noise removal, was Sony PCM-M10 vs Zoom H4n best for outdoor
From: "Raimund" animalsounds
Date: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:51 am ((PST))
John Hartog wrote:

<if only to better understand the limitations of the PCM-M10 internal mics>

Hi John,

I disassebled my PCM-M10 and it turned out that the internal mics are obvio=
usly slightly modified EM172 capsules having a different source resistor (o=
therwise they look the same). So, believe the main limitaions of the intern=
al mics is the short distance between them.

Regards,
Raimund