Re: Nature recordists group

Subject: Re: Nature recordists group
From: "Avocet" madl74
Date: Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:32 pm ((PST))
> Tech talk dominates this group, as that is the area where nature
> recordists want peer assistance the most.

Dan,

I plead guilty to tech talk, but personally what I'd like is more info
on fieldcraft and how to get close to the wildlife. Do folks use
hides? Pishing? Playback?

My main technique is to set a rig and wait for the wildlife to come
close enough, but I get a lot of garbage that way. Photographers call
it the "polyphoto method". More about getting the mic in the right
place at the right time? :-)

David

David Brinicombe
North Devon, UK
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce